Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Wife (Bimbo Version)

Well, that's probably a little harsh of a term. But she definitely is acting odd.
TW: "Well, I'm off to work."
Me: "Really, your gonna be there way early."
TW: "I am? What time do I normally leave for work?"

She's just not normally that flighty. Then a bit later when she's getting the dogs ready to go outside potty, she fell into the dishwasher. She just kinda looked at me like, did you see that?

She called me this afternoon and was upset because someone was bitching about letting her off work on Monday, and that she couldn't get in to see the new OB for almost two weeks, and she was worried that she was doing something wrong and nobody was telling her what to do. Deep breaths, baby, calm down. So I told her she probably needed to tell her work that she's pregnant so that maybe they'll be more understanding about needing time off. They probably think she's interviewing somewhere, they know she hates her job. I told her we'd probably get to talk to someone on Monday when we do the sonogram, and if not, we'd make an appointment to talk to our current Dr. before then. I called the new OB and got the appointment bumped up to one week away, so I think that helped. I tried my best.

The interesting thing is, she admitted that logically, she knows everything's cool, but emotionally, she can't help but be a bit out of control. Amazing, she's even logically illogical.

FILE UNDER: PRE-PARENTHOOD, THE WIFE

No comments: