Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sooner or Later?

Well, Monday's sonogram won't tell us the gender since she's not that far along, but we did talk about whether or not we want to know ahead of time. I figure I'm going to be surprised either way, so I may as well know ahead of time so planning is easier. The Wife isn't sure. She kind of wants to wait until birth, but sees the benefit of knowing ahead. I guess we'll figure that one out later.

She called me this afternoon to give me permission to tell my co-workers. This is, of course, because she couldn't hold it in any longer and told her co-workers. I actually didn't tell anyone because I had a very busy afternoon and not much time for chit-chat. That, and I think I want to wait until after Monday's sonogram. There's a good chance that's going to totally freak my shit. In a good way...I think.

We also talked about needing to get our budget in order and add the baby into it so we don't spend ourselves into the poor house buying excessive unnecessary baby stuff.

Oh, I'd tell you how weird her dreams have gotten since she's pregnant, but that'd be a lie. She's always had the craziest dreams you've ever heard. And it's mind-boggling how much detail she remembers. That's what she should blog about, her dreams.

FILE UNDER: PRE-PARENTHOOD

No comments: