Monday, February 28, 2005

Operation "Baby Announcement": Success

Well, the weekend went off with a bang. We got our plan from someone who'd posted on eHow.com. We got everyone on the couch for a family photo, got everyone settled in, and I said, "Okay everyone, smile and say [The Wife]'s pregnant!". I had the camera set to take 5 pictures in quick succession. It's pretty cool. You can see how everyone was prepared for the picture in the first shot and then in each following shot you get to see everyone's reaction (and they were all good reactions). Maybe I'll post them someday if I get my own server setup.

We played cards and ate; the nieces and nephews ran around and played; the women shopped a bit; The Wife got lot's of advice from her sisters and mom (I think she really appreciated and needed that). Although I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical of the advice that she shouldn't drink our water because we have a water softener. But, who knows? I'll have to do some research on that. Best I can tell, a good time was had by all.

FILE UNDER: PRE-PARENTHOOD

No comments: