Friday, February 25, 2005

Alien Baby

My buddy brought his 3-D sonogram pictures to lunch today. The technology behind these pictures is very cool and I'm sure his baby is going to be the 2nd cutest ever in the whole world, but damn those 3-D sonograms look FREAKY!

He then proceeded to tell me how much they spent on furniture for the baby. I think I heard my ass cheeks slam shut just before my wallet let out a blood-curdling scream. I knew this was going to be an expensive endeavor, but damn.

I cleaned like a mad-man today, Martha Stewart, eat your heart out (in your so-called "prison" "cell"). I've got a few more things to finish up before the family arrives tomorrow. It doesn't sound like my Grandma is coming, and my dad is on the fence, so I may have to tell them over the phone. That kind of sucks, but oh well. They'll still be just as excited. We're still trying to decide how to tell those who do come. We've narrowed it down to a couple ways, I guess we'll just play it by ear.

FILE UNDER: PRE-PARENTHOOD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just my humble $0.02, but people spend WAY too much money on baby furniture. Why waste all that money on furniture geared to the baby from an expensive baby store? Get furniture that will last through babyhood, toddlerhood, heck, teenhood! For example: You can buy a $400 rocker from Babies-R-Expensive or go to your local furiture store and get a gliding rocker with matching automan for $100-200. Don't get suckered in by what they tell you you HAVE to have. It's just not true.